8.15.2011

Fishing

We had not planned on going fishing this year. I figured we would just wait until we were residents and have fun with it next year. People have been awesome and throwing more fish at us than we know what to do with. THANK YOU! Anyway. I had planned on taking Avery up to Eagle Beach @ low tide today to look for some tide pools. It was a really crappy day, but whatever, carpe diem, right? So we loaded up. I decided the dogs would get to come along. Avery was excited and couldn't babbling on and on about the beach all morning. She actually sang about the beach while we were driving up there. It was about 20 minutes north of where we live and she literally sang "LALALA...BEACH...LALALA" the entire way.

So we get there and no one is there except a TON of gulls, ravens, geese and eagles. The dogs were in HEAVEN. I have yet to mention the loads of dead fish! Some were more than likely leftovers from meals and the others were unfortunate enough to get caught when the tide went out. Oh and my dogs LOVE stinky fish. When they were not chasing the birds they were rolling in the fish. Then, Wilson discovered there were fish alive in some of the tide pools. Sorry for all the yelling in the video, but he wouldn't leave them alone. So I end up catching my first fish of the year bare handed to help it get to a deeper spot in the pool. I had to do this 4 different times because he just couldn't help himself.



Avery did not have as much fun. She was all weird about walking on the sticky mud and made me carry her most of the time. She loved watching the birds and thought Wilson's fishing was hilarious. Luckily she fell asleep on the way home which gave me an opportunity to hose off the dogs outside while she slept in the car. Yes, I gave my dogs a bath outside in the rain. I felt a little bad for them because it was cold, but they needed it bad! They could use another bath because they still stink.

It was a stinky and wet adventure for Avery, the dogs and I. I think we will wait for the sun to come out for our next trek up there.