5.07.2012

it's MAY!

After a spectacular April it is a little hard to see the clouds roll in and never go away.  I swear we must have had like 4 strait weeks of no rain and lots of sunshine.  But, with the rain Juneau is coming to life and turning green again.  Avery will be able to handle being out in the rain more this summer so we will make the most of each day, rain or shine.  She has discovered that rain and rain pants make for some super fast slides and she LOVES it!  Avery's nursery school ends next week and her Kindermusik ended last week.  But, Avery finally came up on the waiting list for the preschool gymnastics class.  So we will start that this week!  I have heard great things about the class so I am pretty excited. I might sign her up for swim lesson towards the end of the summer, but that is it for summer activities.


Our house is coming along.  They began shingling the roof on Friday and I would expect them to be done with that early this week. The windows are in and the plumbers are getting their work done as well.  I can't wait for the siding to go up so I can really start to see what it will look like. 

  

The flags are up downtown again and the first couple cruise ships have come and gone.  All the shops downtown are open for tourist season and cleaning up their store fronts.  I love downtown Juneau in the summertime!