2.14.2013

Happy Valentines Day!


We had a fun Valentines Day.  Avery woke up to a bag of goodies.  She got the Disney Peter Pan and some new paints from us.   She also got some fun surprises from my folks and my inlaws.  She loved everything.  I made pink waffles topped with chocolate syrup for breakfast, they even had purple sprinkles mixed into the batter.  She could have cared less :(  Ohwell.

We then headed over to Turf 4 Tots where we met up with our friends the Keiths.  Avery and Keegan played while I got to hold two week old Ainsley!  Avery met Ainsley for the first time today and even got to hold her for a minute.  While there we got a text from our girlfriend Susan who gave birth this morning to Kristin.  And another friend of ours had her baby girl, Joyanna Monday morning.  So 3 new baby girls here in Juneau.

We spent the rest of the day hanging out.  Avery played with her new paints and some stickers and walked Tasha around on leash throughout the house for awhile.  Poor Tasha, she puts up with so much!  Now we are just waiting for Sam to get home and we will pick up some Chinese take out and watch a movie.

Tomorrow, we have Avery's Parent/Teacher conference and I will go see my friend and her new baby in the hospital.  We are really ready for March even if it is the longest month of the year...spring is approaching.  Our snow pack in our yard has shrunk at least a foot if not more over the past 2 weeks.  I expect more snow, but it is nice to see the streets asphalt and the majority of our drive!   I can't wait for long days and rain gear and the beaches.  I have already entered lowest tides of the month into my calendar for this summer.