2.06.2013

Tea parties, porcupines and ice safety

Every time I look to see what day it is it seems to be Friday.  Except today, today is Wednesday.  Weeks have been flying by and we have been having fun.  I have managed to keep running this winter.  Not as much as I had wanted but still averaged over 40 miles in December and about the same in January.  One more month and things should start to be easier, it is just really hard in the snow and when the ice gets all bumpy to push a stroller.   I have spent that little extra time working on trim again. Blah. I hate painting with a passion.  I have managed to get both bathrooms done, the hallway and the garage entry.  That leaves the bedrooms (windows are already done), the closets, the laundry room and the 2 door frames in the garage. 

Avery having a tea party with her blankie, Lala and Bearie.
Sam had the other Thursday off and we got to go on a breakfast date while Avery was at school.  That was nice! We also almost hit a porcupine that couldn't make up his mind whether to cross the road or not.  He has been busy.  I keep waiting for things to slow down a little, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

the confused porcupine


They were practicing how to throw a buoy and pull someone in while staying stay safe on land.
Avery got to attend her first field trip with her preschool  They went to the glacier.  It was way too icy to do any walking, but they got a lesson in ice safety from a forest ranger and practiced some ways to help people who fall through the ice or what to do if they hear the ice cracking.

 

Avery is getting excited about Valentine's day and parent teacher conferences for preschool are also next week. Hopefully I will get around to blogging before March is here, but it's coming fast...